47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake: Bastrop
Time: 7:00am-2:00pm
Weather: Clear/ morning fog.....and COLD
water: 62.5degrees.....3 foot visibiltiy
Conditions: Dieing (floating) grass

Five Bass.......14".....15.25"......19.50"......20.25"......22.00"
The three biggest were caught from the exact same spot.....i had six bites on six casts to the exact same spot ....in the course of ten minutes......then all hell broke loose and the entire school surfaced.....OH MY GOOD............HUGE BASS and i managed to get three of them.....

Caught the biggest on a stickbait......the other two on a 1/2 oz tungston Jig
Allong a ditch about 400 yards from shore they were ambushing bait up againgt a Grass edge sitting in 12 feet of water and topping out 4 feet below the surface.........this was an isolated grass patch no bigger than my 14 foot boat

Since she was over the slot i decided to take her to a friend of mine private lake....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
FYI...Texas Parks and Wildlife Law:

General Prohibited Acts
[highlight]It is a violation to:[/highlight]

Place any game fish into public waters, other than the body of water where the fish was caught, without a valid permit issued by TPWD. This includes fish caught by pole and line. For permit information, please call 1-800-792-1112 (menu 4) or 1-512-389-8037.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/fish/general_rules/

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
2B3530383E3530303D28245C0 said:
He said it was a private lake, so he should be ok.
I agree…..

But people get upset every time they read a post where some one has removed a big fish from a lake.  Or they have kept a few for the dinner table. And it bothers me a little as well, but hey, everyone is entitled to do what ever they wish with their catch as long as they follow the rules.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I was in the red boat next to ya. I couldn't believe that they were schooling in December any place other than the discharge channel. I never caught any off that exact spot but I did manage to scratch out about 25 fish total from various locations on the lake.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yea I'm definantly a catch and release fanatic but taking one fish out of Bastrop or Fayette to try to help stock a little private pond I say rock on. I hope she has a ton of babies for you and your friends to catch............and release ;) Those two lakes could probaly spare a couple

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
252A302B3A373B430 said:
[quote author=2B3530383E3530303D28245C0 link=1228782686/0#5 date=1228795037]He said it was a private lake, so he should be ok.
I agree…..

But people get upset every time they read a post where some one has removed a big fish from a lake.  Or they have kept a few for the dinner table. And it bothers me a little as well, but hey, everyone is entitled to do what ever they wish with their catch as long as they follow the rules.

[/quote]

Was thinking about eating her.(but would probalby never kill a bass her size, have been Catch and Release my entire life)...I am a house painter whose clients have puckered up so tight right now,i cant seem to Beg for work...worked 7 days out of the last 30.....in the future, if the work doen't pick up i will be feeding my family with what i catch.....if there legal....(mainly the 14"ers ;))......... sorry if i offended anyone...... in these time there will probably be some fishes being kept for the dinner table..........

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
It is really a good idea to keep the unders at these slot lakes. I am just too lazy to do the dirty work when I'm done.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ahh, I stand Corrected. Acually I read it last night and saw the public water thing. I was not upset... Just remembered something I had read (obviously wrong). :p
Either way, Nice catch Mr.Tube ;)
I have yet to have one over in Bastrop. :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.