Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Bastrop for my first time today.This is a very nice lake and I will be going back. I live in Schertz so it is a bit of a drive but well worth it. Launched from the south shore about 7am and left at 3. I caught 8 total with the biggest being a 5lber. I lost twice that amount. All fish were caught on watermelon soft plastic. I went over to fish the discharge because I heard boats would line up to fish there. However, when I got over there I saw "no boats" bouys. Was I in the wrong area? Hoping to get out again this week to learn the lake even more.

· Registered
5,334 Posts
If you launch at N. Shore you go straight across and go the left of the point and follow it all the way back. You will see reeds that line the right hand side of the discharge. Also just follow the fog in the morning.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
No, they have been eating all the rubber weather strips and windshield wiper blades off of the vehicles at the North boat ramp which is closest to Hwy 95 that comes from Elgin. Also they have been scratching the paint and "pooping" on all the vehicles.

· Registered
1,443 Posts
The SOUTH shall rise again! I prefer the south ramps at both Bastrop and Fayatte. Even though it's a little farther drive for most of us, both of these ramps provide more protection from the prevailing winds,(and buzzards), than their northern counterparts.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
They had the air cannon going again this weekend at the North shore launch.

No buzzard damage or poop this weekend! :D

Did manage 26 between the two of us. My first one was a 4 and my last of the day was a 4. The other 24 were just numbers.

Should have been a better day with the conditions the way they were and hardly any traffic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.