Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Bastrop this morning until around 4 pm or so, with Robert, and Glen, had some fun, but was pretty darn cold, and foggy as heck, so foggy in the morning we couldn't really find a bearing on anything, but we just took it slow.  Think it was around 30 degrees this morning.

Caught a pretty good amount of chunky bass. Caught em on Dropshot, with a Panic minnow, and Firetiger cranks, when we could crank without getting Hydrilla, and Weighless, and weighted Flukes.

Caught some 3's and 4's,  and a 4 3/4 lber, and it was 19 3/4 inches. It was only my fourth time on Bastrop, and I usually fish Travis, and I get excited about fishing this place, cause it's all new to me. But I like Bastrop cause of how fat these fish are unlike Travis. I caught this 18in, on Travis a couple days ago, and took a pic, cause I hadn't pulled a bass that big out of travis in about a Week. Ended up with 25 to 30 fish boated, and ended up being a really nice day.

another.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report and nice pics of those chunks. There's that lure again. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Robert - David and glen. It was cool to see you guys on the water on Sun. Litteraly very cold outside!! We didn't get on our fish - minus the spinnerbait fish until i took your advice and tied on the fluke. Ended with 7 for the day. Overall a pretty tough day on the water. Brian

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Moonraker , Were you the three guys i saw trolling ?
Possibly...Starting after 1pm, we trolled in the discharge area and then found a hump in 25 feet of water..up to 12 feet...Also trolled out in front of the dam in the afternoon, until we found several humps to fish. I have always seen boats out in the middle, off the dam. Just never knew there were underwater humps out there. Once located, fished with plastics and drop-shot. I really need to get a LCD/GPS to map these areas. I always troll, when trying to learn a new area. Also, trolling is an easy way to rest from casting all morning.  ;D

Started at 6:15am in the morning with 29 degree air temps and 70 degree water temps. Headed in the thick fog to the discharge area, just to find LCRA was NOT generating. Caught bass up to 4lbs on Flukes. By mid-morning, moved to boy scout camp area and rip-raf along the dam. Fishing cranks and plastics with limited results.

Robert

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.