Time: 4pm-9pm
Launch: North Shore
Air Temp: 81* at launch and 60* at take-out
Water Temp: 80* - 85* Depending on area of lake
Winds: SE 2mph
Pressure: 30.20 steady
Sky: Bluebird skies
Water: Stained and full of grass everywhere

After I left Fayette, I decided to make an entire day out of fishing so I stopped at Bastrop. Launched and headed towards Highline Cove. Went to the very back of the cove and started throwing WW in watermelon seed color in between the grass....no takers. Threw a natural shad SB with nothing but slime and grass coming up. The bass were chasing the shad like CRAZY! There would be huge explosions and you would see 5-10 LMB jumping completely out of the water chasing these shad. I have never seen such a thing. It looked like something on the Discovery channel when sharks chase seals. At that point I realized I needed some white ice flukes to throw into the madness. I didn't have exacly what I wanted in my box, so I decided to throw my trusty frog TW that had done so well at Fayette earlier that day. Instanly I was getting hammered.....Since when do fish bite TW at 5pm under full sun? HAHA

All of the fish were very small......most were not even 14", but I was having a blast catching them. One after another fish were coming into the boat.

Finally after the sun started to go down, the bigger fish came out to play. I ended up with a few keepers, 1 got off at the boat, 1 wrapped me up on a stump and broke off, and 1 broke 10" off the tip of my TW rod and allowed him to spit the bait. I had a blast and wished I could have stayed longer as I left them biting. Not bad as I boated 12+ fish.....again mostly dinks though.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Man you had a full day of fishing. It's always fun to finnish fshing one lake and put in at another and have decent days at both. Thanks for the report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.