Bass Fishing Forum banner

Bastrop 10/4/20

925 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeremy 
#1 ·
Todd and I agreed to fish Pflugerville out of my boat Saturday morning. I arrived a half hour earlier than our meet-up time. I had time to kill. I asked the angler on the ramp to not rush on my account.

As he was rigging out, I asked him what was the name of his watercraft. It looked like a wider version of an angler’s kayak. It looked to be well-appointed. Additionally, it was equipped with a small gas outboard. He gave me some information about it. I realized he was forum member PIPELAYER. We introduced ourselves and visited while I rigged out the Pond Prowler.

We launched and made turns for the south shoreline. Once again, Todd demonstrated a clinic of Senko fishing. I caught a handful, but Todd was in double digits when we left them biting so I could go to work. Yes, weekend anglers still have to work on the weekend.

This morning, we arrived at Bastrop South at safe light. We launched and went straight to our honey hole, “The Notch”. I cast out a jerk bait while Todd cast out the proven Baby Brush Hog. He caught a fish. I cast out a walking bait, Todd caught another fish on BBH and then another.

I grabbed up my fluke rod and it was on like Donkey Kong. Now, it was my turn to put on a clinic of my own. I quickly caught up to Todd and then steamrolled past, fancasting weightless flukes and reeling in fish after fish. We stayed on station, battling Bastrop slots until the bite shut off at 9:30 am. When the melee was over, we tallied and figured we’d caught around forty fish. Awesome day at the ‘Strop! Off at 11:30.

While Todd secured the Stratos to the trailer, I met another forum member pulling his boat out. It was good to meet you 661fishing!

Fish Fishing Bass Fish Cod
Fish Fishing Bass Fish Recreation

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.