Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up and splashed some water on my face. The water was cold, so I decided to go to a warm water power plant lake. The forecast west wind influenced my decision as well.

I launched from North Shore. A small club derby was ready to start. Just as I cleared the no-wake zone, they blasted off.

I fished my way south along the east shoreline. I got a couple fish on Texas-rig before the sun came up, so I got optimistic. I didn’t get another bite for two hours. I made it to my “drop-shot honey-hole” and got one on my first drop. I got five more drop-shot fish in the next two hours.

I headed back towards North Shore. Mid lake, I was hailed by forum member Will. He saw some fish surface and I lamented not having a fluke tied on. That prompted him to show me the variety of handmade flukes that he’d brought with him. Good stuff.

I stopped at the next point and got two more drop-shot fish from the outside edge. I moved up shallow under the power lines and got the pictured senko fish in two feet of water. A total of ten fish, no good’uns. Off at 2P.M.

49C83F20-2C6B-4666-8A63-FEAF17A7B932.jpeg

·
Registered
121 Posts
listening to y'all talk about their real names sounds odd to me.
we've always called 'em by the names we made up for them to keep others from knowing our spots (back in the old days. now i coulnd't care less).

for instance mid lake cove we call "huge shallows"
main lake hump is just "the hump"
cedar cove = "crawfish sticks"
buzzard point = "fog start" (we usually put in at north shore)
dam road cove = "amen corner"
osprey cove = "coe's cove"
etc

not sure my fishing partner has ever known the real names

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
We have used these terms for years and years...

North shore coves we call Tuning Fork(there used to a tree stump that looked like a tuning fork, Boy Scout(because that is where we used to camp late 60s/early 70s as Boy Scouts and the Mother(as in The Mother of All Coves)

There's also As shole point, Thor's Twins, Little Choke, Decapitation Cove(because of the cable that used to run the width of the cove that you had to duck under)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts