Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aggie and I fished the 'strop from 1030a-2p or so. Water temps stayed around 84 throughout the lake. Clarity was stained. Wind was blowing N/NE at probably around 15 I guess. Cloudy early but clearing and partly sunny when we left. Air temp 67-75. Fished the grasses and Boy Scout camp area mostly. Only caught 2 that were 2-2.5# each. One came off a Sweet Beaver TX rigged cast near wood in 6'. Second came on 3:16 swimbait in what I can only describe as bluegill/perch color. I pulled this one of a grass bed nearly straight across the lake from North Shore ramp. The swimbait bite was on big today but I had a horrible hook up ratio. I would toss right on top of the grass and swim it out to about 3'. Most of the hits came in sub surface grass. They would either boil on it or "mouth" it so you couldnt get a good hook set in them.

No buzzards within the north shore parking lot, some roosting across the lake on the towers though.

· Registered
93 Posts
I looked at them online...are they the soft or hard swimbaits...and the color they call them is just perch or at least thats what the website said...thanks again for all the help...i am sort of new to fishing I am only 18 and my dad hates fishing but I love it and when you grow up in west texas there arent many lakes around haha...you can check out the bass I caught on friday...its posted in the kayak forum its the one called "small lake...big catch". do any of yall fish lake austin much

West Texan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.