Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY took a day off and decided to head for the strop..got there pre dawn and proceeded to watch the rain and lightning storm till 11:15..(too old to fish in the lightning!)..figured on a good topwater bite in the bad conditions and SHAZAAM..stopped counting at 35 fish and the funny thing was i was beating the banks and i mean shallow. any where i could find a patch of grass with open water behind it it was on! working a gold Sammy on stop and go and they were crushing it..several airborn blowups.... gonna give me a heart attack someday..the interesting thing about the shallow fish is they were all good 2 to 4lb plus only caught 3 dinks all day...Saw a bunch of boats across from the north ramp in the middle of the lake..must be some schooling goin on...i know this thread is useless without pic's but using my phone camera is WAY over my pay grade....i love this lake in bad weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Re: Bastrop  6/9/10

Sounds like a great day, good report, the only pic I ever took with my phone was of my ear. +1 on paygrade. Mike

· Registered
91 Posts
Re: Bastrop  6/9/10

Glad you got into em'.  Congrats!  Never been out there since I was in boy scout camp at least 10 yrs ago, but something tells me that they'll be a little easier to catch than the weary bass on LBL.  I need to suck it up and go out there one day.  Way to dodge the lightning bolts and the attention of other fishermen too!    

First time I fished expecting to post up pics, I took all pics on my seemingly "advanced" flip phone.  After a great day, I realized that when I traded in the same phone (earlier) under warranty that I left the miniaturized scandisk in the phone...  Thus, no way to transfer them on to "modern technology" that flip phones lack.  What a bummer!  I wonder how much the phone retailers make on idiots like me.  I had at leat 200 iTunes songs on that thing too  :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.