Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congrats guys. Way to go! I can only imagine Amistad in that wind we had on Choke yesterday. It was rough come afternoon and the ride back for anyone on Amistad would have been extremely dangerous up the Rio. Good call. Can't wait till the club meeting to hear the stories. :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks guys. We'll give more details at the meeting, but it was tough fishing by Amistad standards and a great team effort. Pre-fishing was normal with several 4-7 lb bass being caught with the standard techniques for Amistad, but the winds switching directions and two passing fronts put the fish in lock jaw mode by the 2nd tournament day. All the non-boaters did a great job and Luke and Mike really brought in good sacks on day 1. I couldn't find the kicker fish as I did in practice, but did manage limits both days. I even had to bring out the shakey head rod to fill my limit on day 2 (which I didn't think I would ever need on Amistad). I believe I got the "clown" award as I kicked a pole overboard in practice and had to jump in to grab it, but it was 90 F outside and the cold water felt good. All together it was a fun tournament just like the last two years.

Dwayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.