Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks fishytx.  We had a  limit by 7:30am which included a 4 plus LM and a 3 plus Smallie.  We had a second limit by 8:30 and were able to cull a couple of the smaller LM.  Roy was killing them on topwater and I was using my usual tiki.   We caught somewhere between 18 and 20 keepers.  Our total weight was 15.7 pounds and I didn't think we would be in the money as there were 213 boats entered in the tournament.  Over 160 limits were weighed in.  We were lucky to tie for seventh place.  Very exciting as this is a first for me and Roy in Basschamps.   Thanks again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for the congrats Doug and Robert.
We had a great time, and we caught a lot of fish. Larry once again put on a Tiki stick clinic. I know 3 of the fish (the biggest 3), maybe even 4 of the 5 we weighed fell victim to Larry's Tiki. We got a decent draw at #41 and there wasn't anyone on Larry's first spot. We got a good limit early and culled ounces through out the day.
I'd like to thank Larry for the invite and the fishing. The fishing was great and cashing a check was definately icing on the cake.
Congrats to Kevin and Robert for placing as well.
Allen (Roy)

·
Registered
48 Posts
My partner and I had 11.34 lbs. We caught all our fish on shaky head and CB. My partner had a fish on that he never could turn. Not sure if it was a bass but if it was I would probably be $10000 richer right now. :'(

-Kiel

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Fished it and was fortunate enough to cash a check in Champs (Finally ::)).

We basically did nothing different than the last 3 times out there: 12.79, 13.69 (with Dan) and then 13.64.

The best year I've had on Belton by far.

Looking back on the results from Champs, Belton, and Champs again, this lake out produced itself by its historical results.

kp

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice job Swimmy and Swimmy's Dad!

Clueless and I had a nice day on Belton, but couldn't get the big bite. We caught a lot of keepers, but kept culling by fractions of an ounce instead of pounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.