Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake Travis on March 6th.

Pace Bend Park Phone: (512) 264-1482-Pace Bend is approximately 30 miles west of Austin on Lake Travis. From the intersection of RR 620 and Hwy. 71, take Hwy. 71 west 11 miles to RR 2322 (Pace Bend Park Road). Turn right on RR 2322 and travel 4.6 miles to the park entrance

PAYBACK:
http://www.basschamps.com/basschamps/payback_basschamps_2010.cfm

·
Registered
435 Posts
I consider myself to be a decent fisherman and I have had my hat handed to be by the fish for most of the year. I don't know if it's the fish, the temperature, the water or me. The answer I'm sure is a little of each.

My partner and I committed to weigh our fish this year since it impacts the starting order at the championship. So I'm standing in line with my 4pound sack behind two teams. Right in front of me was Dean's and Eric's sack going 19+ and ahead of them was the winning 24+ pound sack. That is pretty much the height of fishing embarrassment. Well there's always next month!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Ed, at least you had something in the sack, there have been daays a 4lb sack would have looked great. But it has been put in the rules it is OK to mess with Dean. ;) ;) ;D ;D

·
Registered
692 Posts
We sure had trouble finding em. Didn't realize we were 5 spots out of the money, figured we had no chance and bailed. We got 4 bites all day and caught 2 for 7.9. Had those 2 in the boat by 1030 or so, and not another bite the rest of the day. One one pound fish and not a bite for 5 hours to go home without a check. Very very frustrating. 24 lbs is a heck of a job that day, bet they know where some big bedding fish were. We didn't and didn't want to run and gun 12 coves hoping to find one with beds. We already had 3 main spots we wanted to try and saw no beds in either area. :-/ :-[ :'(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats to the winners. We had 3 spots we hit and the first was the best by far. I had found some good schooling bass, and 3rd cast produced a 4.5 pounder. Lost one probably around 6 about 30 minutes later, that would have put us for sure in the money. We ended up 27th, but that is how it goes. Caught a ton of small fish, and now I am looking forward to the next one LBJ here we come!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.