Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
639 Posts
3 lunkers on one day and 2 over 15 tells me their are some really large ones in that body of water. That 15.56 looks like it beat the record of 15.45. Would've liked to be at that weigh in.

· Registered
500 Posts
Something even more incredible is Elroy Krueger catching  a 15.20 and not getting big bass. Reminds me of when he caught over 40 pounds and ended up getting 2nd behind Charles Whited. What are the odds of either one of those happening again, much less the first time. Ouch!

What an awesome day. I knew some big ones would be caught after such a beautiful week it was there this time of year but 3 sharelunkers? WOW! That's 5 now over 15. That's only been done 1 other year on some lake named Fork. Go figure.

· Registered
1,412 Posts
A question just popped in my mind. What does TPWD do with the SAL's after breeding them? Are they returned to the lake from which they come? If not, then IMO they are hurting a fishery like choke canyon when they remove so many SAL's in one yr. Not to mention making it more difficult to break the Lake record as well as maybe producing a world record. Which we all know will be a million$ fish.

It takes over 10 yrs to produce a fish over 13lbs. With the harvest of SAL's this yr, I have to believe we are ultimately gonna hurt this fishery :'(

Jim

· Registered
10,147 Posts
ShareLunker Program
Program Description
Bud's ShareLunker Program is a tripartite venture among businesses, state government, and anglers to preserve and enhance Texas largemouth bass fisheries. Through the Program, anglers may loan largemouth bass weighing 13 pounds or more to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department for spawning and research purposes which include evaluating relationships between genetics and early life history, growth, performance, behavior, and competition. [highlight]After spawning, TPWD personnel will contact the angler and arrange a date at which the fish can be released back into the waters from which it was caught.[/highlight] In return for their cooperation, participating anglers receive a free fiberglass replica of their catch, ShareLunker clothing, and recognition at the awards banquet at Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center. In addition, the Texas resident catching the largest ShareLunker entry of the season will be awarded a lifetime fishing license
Anyone catching a 13-pound-plus largemouth bass is eligible to participate by calling (903) 670-2226 weekdays or by paging (888) 784-0600 weekends and evenings.

Benefits of Participation
At the end of spawning season, the ShareLunker will be returned to the angler for live release, or the angler may donate it permanently to the program. Either way, the angler receives a fiberglass replica of the catch made by Lake Fork Taxidermy, ShareLunker clothing, and recognition at an annual awards banquet held at TFFC. In addition, the Texas resident catching the largest entry of the season is awarded a lifetime fishing license.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.