Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bass Champs Tournament Trail
http://www.basschamps.com/basschamps/scheduleCentral.cfm?selectedYear=2010
Starts on February 6th on Lake Belton

[highlight]PAYBACK![/highlight]

http://www.basschamps.com/basschamps/payback_basschamps_2010.cfm

[highlight]As of Thursday, Feb 4th, Lake level is 603.58  or about 10 feet above CONSERVATION POOL[/highlight] Current Dam release is 3975 cfs.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 53. North northeast wind around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats to all that cashed....

Total Entries: 200 Teams
Total Collected: $52,000.00
Total Payback (C&P): $50,750.00
Payback Percentage: 98%
Total Fish: 113
Total Weight: 329.26 lbs.
Average Weight: 2.91 lbs.
Number of limits: 2
Number of zero's: 133

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Big kudos to Jr. and Hub. That's awesome.

Ed, congrats to you as well for a solid finish in the money. Good seeing at weigh-in. We finished just out of the money but are satisfied with a decent "points day" considering how tough it was.

Job well done to all those in the money. See you on Travis!

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW! I guess a $20,000 Cash 1st place prize is the only way to draw 200 teams with freezing weather and terrible lake conditions. Kudos to Basschamps organizers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I can't wait to hear the story. Champs hasn't posted it yet. How did you catch yours Yung?
I may have to get a BBQ sandwich tomorow. ;)
Oh, one more question how much did the water conditions change from your prefish?

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
BC,

I have to admit, I was the taxi driver all day because nothing I was doing was working.  Jeff caught the fish.  It was his birthday so that fish ended up being a fitting present.    

·
Registered
692 Posts
We heard this year if you fish all 5 events you automatically get in the final instead of needing the points. Though I'd rather win one or get in with points, do you guys know if that is legit for this season? Just have to fish all of em to get in the finals?
We were one of the 133 teams that got skunked. Man it was tough out there. Can't wait til Travis to get that skunk washed off.

·
Registered
533 Posts
MY PARTNER AND I WERE 1 OF THE 133 ZERO'S. IF THE SAME AS LAST YEAR,IF YOU FISH ALL 5 TOURNEYS IN THE SAME DIVISION WITH THE SAME PARTNER YOU CAN FISH THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR $50,000.00 :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bass Champs had the same deal last year as well, fish all 5 and go to your region's championship. I think it allows them to keep their numbers up over the year and also helps with fish care. For instance, at Falcon they were asking people to not weigh-in if they were below the check line. We had 21-22 pounds we let go to keep from stressing them. The only down side is what it does to your points, which does influence starting order at the championship.

Yung, it was good seeing you and Jeff at weigh-in. We headed back to Temple to put our boat on the trailer and got flagged down by a family of four stranded on the lake. We missed getting to hangout afterward due to towing them in and helping get their boat on the trailer. I told Alan, we ought to get a check now for good karma.

Jeff, happy belated birthday!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hey Bass-n-tx, I was really hoping that revo I got off you would get me a new one! But I sure do appreciate the deal on that sucker, pitched a lot of jigs with that thing to no avail.

But we can't wait til Travis. Hope to see you at the weigh-in buddy.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
533 Posts
HEY PHISHERMAN,IT WAS DEFINENTLY A TOUGH DAY ON BELTON.MY PARTNER HAD A DECENT FISH ON 1ST THING ON A SPINNER BAIT AND GOT OFF. THE ONLY FISH ON ALL DAY. GLAD THE REEL IS WORKING GOOD FOR YOU.SEE YOU AT TRAVIS. FISH-ON(I HOPE) ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts