Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Wow, I bet it was rough seas on Lake Travis yesterday! Congrats to the winning team and their $20k prize money. 2nd place has to be kicking themselves. Missed 1st place by 0.16 lbs. Cost them $17k in prize money :eek:

Did anybody from the ABF.com fish the bass champs tourney?

-Rich

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
That's cool!  Still a great showing in 2nd place for r-e-s-p-e-c-t and bragging rights.  The $17k missed opportunity still stings though I'm sure.   There's always next time I suppose.  Making 10X your entry fee isn't bad either ;)

-Rich

·
Registered
93 Posts
John and I won BassChamp Saturday. Everything just click for us. We had a milk run planned out .We had boat number 70 so I figured someone we be on our first spot. Well it was vacant. And we had our first three in the box in 15 minutes. Then proceeded on with our milk run. Second spot was dead. Third spot finshed up our limit.With John boy catching our kicker fish. John culled another one of ours with 3.5 lber 30 minutes before we had to go in. This was our first Bass Champs Tournament.
Looks like will be fishing LBJ.

Tony

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Hey Anthony and John congrats on your win!!! That is awesome!!! I would say you should fish LBJ ;D.

Also Give props to all the money winners that use this site that I know of:

Waldrops
FishGod (Dan Taylor)
Ed Matthews
Gerald Goff
Bryan Cotter (snakeman)
Mike Hastings

Congrats guys!!

Take Care
H.H.J.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Hard_Head_Jenkins said:
Also Give props to all the money winners that use this site that I know of:

Waldrops
FishGod (Dan Taylor)
Ed Matthews
Gerald Goff
Bryan Cotter (snakeman)
Mike Hastings

Congrats guys!!

Take Care
H.H.J.
Wow, I had know idea we had this many guys from the ABF site place on Sat. Of course, I should have known, all the best fishermen in Cen Tx are on the ABF site!

Congrats, again, guys!

-Rich

·
Registered
168 Posts
Skeeter, guess I haven't run across that guy. Hopefully I don't.

FishGod, Willis say's he saw a FLW Pro Angler fishing Champs on Travis? Willis say's he is confused as to the Champ tourney rule no.2 and needed some clarification. He thought there were 3500 reasons for that not to happen. Maybe Willis is just dumb and doesn't know any better- or there is an explanation to his concern?

Mr. Dummond

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks, Charlie, it is always nice to get a check... no matter how small. We just never got a kicker, but probably had about ten keepers all day fishing finesse baits and jigs.

There were 188 boats in the tournament, not 156.

And to the important matter at hand. Basschamps rules state, "A Pro is defined as any angler that has entered more than one bass tournament that required an entry fee greater than $1500 during 2006-2007 seasons." They key is "more than one." Some friends of mine fished the pro side of a single tournament on Travis, but not "more than one" that I know. SteveBCAT, do you know if they have fished more pro level tournaments? If not, a retraction is in order!

·
Registered
168 Posts
EDM, I don't know or care, but Willis appreciates you clearing that up for him. Like I said, He ain't too bright when it comes to fishin and I assure you he didn't mean any harm- He just doesn't have the balls that others do. Peace!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.