Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
the only way i've fished for 10yrs. every time i throw a crank i get bored to death, so after 4 throws i tie on a top. and i only throw the evergreen sb 105, in clear. absolutely the best! and i add the vmc hybrid trebles. the flash is unbelievable.

Surface lure Metal Amphibian Tail Fish hook

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
oh. it is! the blades flash identical to baitfish shimmering. and the cheeks splash water and make the same sound baitfish do when they hop outa the water trying to escape predators. and for some reason, probably more flash, clear is the best finish as well. the perfect lure! it's just hard as heck finding em in clear. i have the last 3 coming from 2 different stores, due later this week. whats really amazing is how it gets crushed even by baby bass! how the heck would they even consider trying to swallow something the same size as themselves...

the pic is the 105, which is 4 1/8 inch and about half an ounce, and casts farther than anything else ive used.
i did notice tackle warehouse got more stock on the 77.7, which is 3in... caught 17 with it 2 weeks ago,matching the hatch, but the fish swallow it deep and i had a hard time getting the hook outa throats, so i went back to the 105, with size 2 hooks, which usually dont get too deep in small throats.

i gotta get a boat...sold mine 2 mo ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts