Bass Fishing Forum banner

Bank bass fishing???

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  fisherman 
#1 ·
I've been fishing for 5 months and have caught nothing but crappies ventured to lake Georgetown lake Austin and some others and even was in Dallas for a week and went to white rock and twin lakes and nothing am I doing something wrong? Please help tips or honey holes are all welcome

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Where abouts do you live? Bank fishing for bass is mediocre at best at all of the lakes you mentioned. Try a smaller fishing hole. Pull up Google maps and find blue spots to try. Could be what you are using as well. If you are getting crappie, then chances are what are using is too small to interest a largemouth. By the way, crappie from the shore is pretty good fishing in my book. A lot of us bank fishing people use Texas rigged soft plastics (worms, lizards, etc). Hope this all helps. I've got some good beginner spots but it all depends on where you live.

#9 ·
If you are getting crappie, then chances are what are using is too small to interest a largemouth.
Funny you should say that. When I started back to fishing after a 20yr hiatus, I was catching nothing but crappie using small jigs. I switched to bigger lures and started catching nothing but LMB. Every now and then I'll go out strictly looking for crappie and now I can't seem to catch them like I did before. LOL.

#5 ·
I mainly use Gary Yamato 5" I have like 4 different kinds Texas rig Carolina rig everything I tried top water poppers frog toad small bass, spinners, crank baits, jigs have yet to even get a bite from bass but when I put a small rooster tall pull out crappies all day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.