Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I do love my kayak and my inflatable dingy, I'm rather tired of fishing with these things. I'd love to be a backseater with somebody either on a tournament or just for a day of fishing, anywhere but Town Lake. I'll happily split the costs of fuel/entry fees/ etc...

Dale

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sure - just ignore my post then.

Anyways, I recomend joining a club. It is how I find almost all my back seats. I recomend TCBC, it is affordable, team format, and great guys. Though I am biased bc this is the only club I have fished w/ - but I have learned a lot!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, sorry I guess I didn't read that response. Thanks for the offers. Trucknmusic let's do Bastrop. Finally, I get to try some of my bizarre japanese megabait topwaters (like the ito propbait 110, it's the bomb I tell ya!).

I don't know if we can make it in time, though, I see my last patient at 4:30 and it takes me at least 30 minutes to beat traffic home. Drop me a line and let me know when you want to get out there.

GrnHead, I'm available during Thanksgiving and the weekends. And I can also get quick fish-ins in the morning before work (starts at 9:30). Whenever you have an open back-seat lemme know.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I will have to let you know Terry. Thanksgiving is a horrible time for me - retail. But they got to give me at least 1 other day off so I will let you know when I do.

DD, I am planning on going in the am. We will have to try again another time. And I don't want to dissapoint but I could not buy a TW bite out there last time - but then again I was not throwing... whatever you just mentioned.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Hey doc,

Another thing I would suggest doing is to come out to the next happy hour and actually meet some of the goofs, I mean guys, from this board. It should make others more comfortable offering back seats once they actually get to meet you in person.

It can be difficult to judge personality through a message board and as a boater myself the last thing I want is deadweight on my boat.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Also, I had two guys ask me at the last HHJ if there was a non-boater that wanted to fish.

I cannot promise, but if you show up with $30 in your pocket, I bet you could fish the HHJ with someone.

Normally it is a benefit to have two lines in the water instead of one.

You just have to respect the guy with the boat, and fish the way he is fishing.

EA

If you are interested in this idea post it up before the next HHJ.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.