Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Yep, every single time I put gas in my motor it gets an additive.

I also run through as much gas as much of the gas in my tank possible when I use my motor. I think about what I am going to be doing, etc. and put in just enough so that I am practically on fumes when I come in. Many a trip I've dropped the hammer and run through gas to "save my engine" at least that is an excellent cover. Also I try to fill up the boat at gas stations that go through a lot of gas so I know it is fresh. Does it help? Who knows, but it gives me peace of mind.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Yea and when they go to 15% every small motor in the nation will be a good anchor before long...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
This will only get worse when the Nazis at the EPA force us all to start using E15 fuel. I think it's their goal to turn every boat motor, motorcycle, small engine and older vehicle into scrap metal.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I guess the option to buy ethanol free gas is not available around here. You can buy it in South Louisiana. I have a tankful in my bay boat

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I guess the option to buy ethanol free gas is not available around here. You can buy it in South Louisiana. I have a tankful in my bay boat
It's probably not legal to sell it in the Austin area or any other Texas counties where vehicle emissions testing is required (thanks EPA). I'm going to keep an eye out for non-ethanol gas in the more rural counties. You would think there would be a demand from farmers and ranchers.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I have noticed!
If I'm not going to catch a lot of fish, the least I can do is be the Ricky Bobby of the Austin bass fishing scene... well as much of a Ricky Bobby as my bad to the bone EFI, MobileMercMan serviced 200 horse outboard will let me. Besides gas is cheap, time isn't.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Ricky Bobby ain't got nothing on this guy when it comes to boats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts