Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched to nighttime the last couple of trips.

Hit Austin last weekend and again this past weekend. First trip was not news worthy except buddy missed a nice chunk probably around 6lbs. Caught 6 total. One was around 3lbs.
Only traffic on the lake was 8 LEs boats and a couple of helos around 360 bridge because some dufus drove his car over the edge of Bongo Hill. We fished down from the bridge.

This past weekend, we headed up river. Caught another 6 with one at 4.5lbs. I had casted between two docks and the boat was moving so I attempted to catch up. It made it to the buoy and then wrapped itself. I then felt something and the buoy started to move. A couple of minutes of tugging and pulling, it came off.

A nice 4.5lber.
Shorts Microphone Public address system Flash photography Entertainment

·
Super Moderator
2,177 Posts
Nice report, Hookem! Glad you were able to unwrap that fish and get a pic. I like that short stern light. Paul has one and that sure made his back deck easier to cast from.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Good catch, Hookem(y)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Thanks for the reply and congrats on the nice fish. Think I will wait until October or cooler weather then hit up Lake Austin. Fished Lake Travis Colorado Arm this morning from 7:30-11:30 with Robert (Ranger_R77)in my boat and “we” put 11 in the boat. Yum Dingers and Ned Rig TRD. Nothing big. Beautiful morning and cooler til 9am.
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle

Water Sky Vertebrate Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Vehicle

Plant Goggles Water Sky Fisherman

Water Watercraft Sky Boat Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts