Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas i will be landing in Austin tomorrow midday. there until Friday midday. coming in from Delaware looking for some help with a guide or to hook up with some fisherman for just one day. coming with wife for her to attend a conference. i am thinking Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday will be my best days to fish. i had a introduction post back in late April and got a pm about a guide to try but would love to hear all your ideas. we don't get real big bass in Delaware so looking for a chance at a lunker but would settle for just a good day fishing. won't have a car but i'm guessing taxi or uber or maybe my guide could pick me up. staying at the Hilton Austin on 4th street. if anyone wants to talk pm me and i'll give you my cell.
Thanks a ton for any and all help.
Barry aka matey

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ander Meine is amongst the best guides for Bass in these parts ... And PlasticPowerFish has the carp pattern down for sure (see some of his other pics on the forums).
I can personally vouch for both as being great fisherman and awesome guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well hello everyone. thanks to the few that responded about my need for help with a guide.

But mainly a huge thanks to James Roberts the grande bass pro who responded and offered to be the one to take me out. We talked early in the week and he had to deal with some trailer issues before we could go. Today we met a tad before 0600 at dekker lake. he certainly has a nice rig. everything was great today out on the lake. cool over cast morning, not super hot, very few anglers on the lake. But the bottom line is Bass 1 matey 0. yup i got the big ole goose egg. i'm going to tell you it wasn't for not trying. James and i casted non stop from 0600 to noon time. Now the pro did manage to get 4 bass. i managed to lose one right at the boat and another i missed. we talked to a couple other anglers whose luck was no better and actually worse than our combined luck. James is a super great guy and now i just have to make a return trip in the future and get some revenge on them bass. i'll try and check in every once in awhile and give you some reports on what's happening on the east coast.
that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts