Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is next month and I'd like to book a fishing guide for my father-in-law and myself. Preferably somewhere within an hour drive of the Austin area. Does anybody have a guide they'd like to recommend. I'm not too picky on species of fish. Could be black bass, white bass, or even crappie.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Haven't fished with Ander personally, but have seen him with clients on the Bird and he was very professional with them and even steered me towards a few fish. Also have done a transaction with him on gear and he is very humble and straight shooter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Jsinn. Since I have become interested in bass fishing on Lake Travis, I decided to book a half day trip with Allen Christenson. If you google "Lake Travis bass fishing reports" you will find him as a reporter for the Lago Vista online newspaper, the Northshore Beacon. He took us out on a challenging day bottom fishing in December and we managed to boat 25 plus mostly dinks but a good portion of keepers. Allen was a pro bass angler and grew up on LT so he knows the lake intimately. He is a good guy who enjoys sharing his knowledge of LT and bass fishing generally. I learned a lot from him in just a half day trip. You might want to give him a try. Happy birthday and good luck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allen was first on my list of names to call, but unfortunately he was already booked for the date wanted. Everything you said is true. He really knows his stuff. My father-in-law and I fished with him last spring and caught quite a few bass in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the good recommendations. I've booked Kevin Kubiak on Lake LBJ for crappie, so pretty stoked about that. I'll definitely keep some of these names handy for future trips.

Hey also, I wanted to ask, have any of you done a guided trip on the Colorado River down by Webberville? We went one year with a guide who used a little skiff, and he paddled while two of us fished. I think his first name was Shea, but this was a few years back so I could be wrong. It was a really cool fishing trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts