Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been out since early June due to the move and the damn heat.

Hit Austin Friday night expecting not much. We boated 13 with a couple of three's. Buddy missed one that would have been 7+ but she danced and spit.

So, here is the deal.....
We found grass of some sort in Bull Creek near the mouth in about 7ft. It looked like spiny naiad but wasn't as crisp as naiad and not very tall only about a foot. If you casted to it, your lure will pick some up. And the grassers hadn't found it. Maybe most grassers are gone, who knows. No strikes near the grass, either. Maybe Austin cover will make a comeback in our lifetime. :cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
literally just got back from a morning trip on austin today. put in at quinlan and headed to the marina by the golf course where gar and bass were chasing chad. i got popped a few times, but every single one came unbuttoned. boat partner put two in the boat i think before we moved on. tried docks, but to my surprised did not see a single fish under ANY docks...maybe they were skinny and hiding behind the pilings? we checked deep, shallow, long, short, isolated docks and found nada.
there is some niad coming back in the lake at various places, but very sparse.
we did our best work at the lily pads on the south end of the lake. boat partner was using red fleck brush hog while i pitched salt and pepper grubs.

plenty of wake boarders made it time to go, plus the sun was beating down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts