Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been fishing trying everything and everywhere with no luck other than 6" crappies and I've come to the conclusion there are no bass in Austin anyone wanna help prove me wrong and lmk about a good bass spot?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hook a Pig

So I've been fishing trying everything and everywhere with no luck other than 6" crappies and I've come to the conclusion there are no bass in Austin anyone wanna help prove me wrong and lmk about a good bass spot?
Go fishing at Red Bud Island. its off of lake austin blvd. I have seen a lot of people nail some nice bass from the bank there. I personally fish from my kayak and have caught some fairly decent bass. A 6+lb bass last night from the kayak and boy did it get my heart pumping. give it a try. Throw worms and craw imitations weightless or with a 1/8th ounce bullet weight or a white spinnerbait and hold on. you will get one for sure. let me know i can always meet you out there and give you pointers and show you what they are hitting on. No need to be a stubborn fisherman that doesnt want anyone else to catch fish. Share the wealth. Its always awesome to watch a beginner catch some nice fish and nice numbers as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd second Red Bud and cray imitations. I have only ever caught I think 3 bass out of LBL, all there and all on cray imitations. I do a little better over at Bull Creek it there is actually water running through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts