Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of fishing the tourny at 6 in the morning freezing my butt off in the rain, we slept a few hours. Then will it became more of a drizzly rain, we set out. I dressed warm, and had rain and wind proof gear, but I was still chilled. We through carolina rigs and watermellon WW's, and H20 lipless cranks in shad and some weird mixture of a blue runner and a perch. Also through shallow running jerk baits. Fished rock walls and points. Got completely skunked. But I did learn one thing; Our boat has a tendency of going onto the trailer ONLY if you come in from the right :p

· Registered
10,698 Posts
Thanks for the post.  We all get the skunk every now and then.  Posting such trips is also useful, almost as much as the catching ones, as others no doubt had the same experience, and were wondering "What happened?  Were we the only ones to have a hard day?"  It is definitely fishing.  Keep on posting.  It is all good.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
i'm not suprised you got skunked at arkansas bend, that area gets fished pretty hard. last time i was there, there were 5 boats in one cove. looked like lake fork in march

· Registered
322 Posts
I had a similar problem getting my Kenner onto the trailer. I removed the carpet and replaced it with those slik boards and it improved a lot. However, with that change I could tell that there was a problem that the bunks were not uniformly matched to the boat bottom. The carpet had masked that problem before. So now I'm going back and shimming the attach points of the bunk boards.

Sounds like for now I'd better leave the fishing to the pros although I have been anxious to take the boat out for a ride anyway.

Don

· Registered
1,443 Posts
Last time I launched at AB, about 2 weeks. ago, we ended up fishing the main lake cliffs. close to the entrance of Devil's Cove, and then in front of "the House on Stilts", up towards Sandy Creek.
We caught 15-20, up to 2 1/2 lbs. in around 5 hrs., on split shot WM red baby rattlesnake, and free-lined TR Senko, in 8-12 FOW on drop offs.
Water temp was around 56.
The Arkansas Bend area yielded zero bites.
Hope to get on the water again soon,

Lowell ;) ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.