Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ABF. I want to take the family out on the boat Saturday to fish, but I am worried that lake Travis will be full of pleasure boats. Are there any local lakes that have less non fishing traffic?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That's a great question. Unfortunately I can't think of a single lake that won't have an armada of boats on it. Usually Decker will have less non-fishing traffic, but the lake is small and the parking lot can get filled up. A nice big cove on Travis may well be your best bet. Reports indicate both Guad and LMB's are on the chew at Travis. Maybe launch in Jonestown and stay right in that cove ?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That's a great question. Unfortunately I can't think of a single lake that won't have an armada of boats on it. Usually Decker will have less non-fishing traffic, but the lake is small and the parking lot can get filled up. A nice big cove on Travis may well be your best bet. Reports indicate both Guad and LMB's are on the chew at Travis. Maybe launch in Jonestown and stay right in that cove ?

I would avoid decker like the plague unless you are looking for a complete amateur hour in boat operation or you are interested in getting stabbed. Never felt the need to arm myself on the water except there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts