Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on the water about 8 30am dropped at 360 bridge, it was a little rainy. I just re-wired my new trolling motor and wanted to see how it works, it was a bit windy so a nice day to see how good it works. Works great, I fished for only 1 1/2 hours since we had a playoff game that day vs Westlake HS. I caught 2 LMB, had a total of 4 bites. First one was about 10 inches (caught on watermellon seed Wacky), second bass I thought was going to be very big, came out to be right under 18" but showed to be barely under 3Lbs... (caught on watermellon red Wacky).

I fished close to the bridge due to weather and only staying a short time. By the way anyone out there been seeing more snakes now??? I fished 3 spots and say 2 about 1 1/2-2ft long and 1 that was a good 3-4ft long along the edges of the water...KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN.

Overall I got rained on a little but was still a great time on the water. Anyone with any tips on finding the bass or what to use please let me know on Lake Austin. I go out there and typically catch only 1-4 avg to under size. I usually fish 360 bridge area but willing to fish whereever.

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope not a daddy, I am 24, I am one of the coaches over at Bowie High School, the Boys Lacrosse team, we are currently in playoffs. Beat Westlake this past weekend by two, and now we play Austin High Saturday night. By the way I talked with you a while back I am looking to rhino line my skeeter in most places minus the lids and top deck of the boat. I have an 83 skeeter.

Ben

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
5D5A51535E470E090E0E3F0 said:
Nope not a daddy, I am 24, I am one of the coaches over at Bowie High School, the Boys Lacrosse team, we are currently in playoffs.  Beat Westlake this past weekend by two, and now we play Austin High Saturday night.  By the way I talked with you a while back I am looking to rhino line my skeeter in most places minus the lids and top deck of the boat.  I have an 83 skeeter.

Ben
Ahhh... I remember now..... My boat was done by the dude that I bought it from... He sais the hardest part was taking out the carpet... I'm liking the lining tonite, I'm gonna get soaked and it wont matter!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats why I am planning on doing it fish rain or shine..., I am going to try and get it done in late may or early June. Right now the carpet is coming up by it self and needs to have a makeover. I heard you had a good football season this year. Congrats. Just trying to think of the colors I am going to use. It is a silver/maroon skeeter I figure go with the grey carpet for the lids, and not sure on the color for the lining.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I worked over a Bowie for a little bit last year. You probably saw me a timer two. I was one of the SROs.

As for snakes. I was out at Bastrop on sunday. I must have seen 6 different ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.