Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a kayak so I've been wanting to try out town lake for a while. However, none of my friends have a kayak and I don't necessarily like fishing alone. So if somebody wants to meet me out there Sunday morning around 6:30 that would be awesome!
-dason

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Nice fishing report!
Might get a better response on akf or in the kayak section... Then go fishing, then write a report and post it here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my bad I realize I posted in the wrong section... I'm used to browsing mostly this section anyway I I guess it was just by habit

·
Registered
849 Posts
Not the wrong thread, there are yak reports all the time.. But if you are looking for a partner the yak forum would be better than us old motorized folks

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have a canoe with a 25 year old Minn Kota that my grandfather gave me a couple days ago.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please be careful on the east side of Lady Bird lake. I almost got robbed near the Longhorn Dam on Pleasant Valley road a few months ago. A good safe put-in is the public ramp at the Rowing Dock near the Mopac Bridge.

Gary

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Please be careful on the east side of Lady Bird lake. I almost got robbed near the Longhorn Dam on Pleasant Valley road a few months ago. A good safe put-in is the public ramp at the Rowing Dock near the Mopac Bridge.

Gary
That sucks. Some pretty seedy characters at the Riverside bridge park too. I also had my car broken into at Barton Springs so watch out parking there.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Gary

Rowing Dock is a great put in (early, or you want be able to park). Have the bridges to fish, some beds, Barton Creek. Red Bud has been
taken over with the DOG folks (which I witnessed this Sunday trying to fish the damn). At 6:20 in the morning there were cars waiting for a parking spot.

Longhorn Dam Park has a great put in. Pull up toward the south shore where Pleasant Valley meets Lakeshore. Get out, and walk till you
find the picnic table, garbage can and small bank to get the kayak in. Move your truck right in front of that area and go. There will not be
any competition for parking. The cove where you are putting in is about as deep as the water gets in all of lbl, with nice banks, bullrush that is easy to get to, a cool island, and deep water cove by the Fiesta Shores......it's a great place, and the fish are dumping deep by about 7:30,
so lots of deep water, and some random beds.

Now for safety; I have owned a shop in this neighborhood for almost a decade. By sunrise, the trails in the park are loaded with joggers,
walkers and a few bikers, and lots of dogs. It is a great launch, provides potential to actually catch some fish in this heat and not waste alot of traveling time. I will be taking my daughter out Sunday Morning, with no more concern here than any other place I launch. But I carry
pepper spray on my hip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts