Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to know first-hand if there is still good grass in 3 and 4 fingers. Have heard tell that the grass is not there any more!? Just need someone to ease my mind as i'm planning to put my dallas friend on fish this coming weekend. Thanks much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was there weekend before last and yes the grass is still in fourfingers didnt make it to threefingers though fished alot of grass around southshore caught alot of numbers 2-4lbs fish on carolina rigs and tx rigs seem to prefer grn-pumpkin colors over watermelon water stained a little water was in the mid 80's hope this helps some goodluck! ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I fished Choke Canyon yesterday for the first time since May. There is a lot of grass available to fish, but not nearly as much as some years. The fishing was pretty good yesterday until around noon it shut off. Nothing huge but probably caught 20-25 fish. I fished the south shore mainly. I also caught a few off one of the points on the north shore. Didn't go into four fingers until around noon and did not pick up any fish. I think it was the time of day as it looked pretty good to me. It should be a good weekend for fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.