Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been to 'Strop in a while and will be heading there this weekend. Have they been filling up the lake? The last time I was out it was really low and had been for a year or so. Is the surface temp in the 90's already. It would be nice to go out there and be able to get wet to cool off instead having to get out of the water to cool off.

thanks, Guys

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
it's been a month since I was there. Water was really low and it was the same temp as other area lakes. Fish were biting good however. I have a new boat and in learning the correct depth to launch we discovered that the south shore ramp has a serious dropoff. We had to swim in and physically lift up the trailer to pull back out. The aluminum trailer was surprisingly light but we were stuck for a little while. I might use north shore from now on

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW! Matt. We are staying at the South Shore Cabins. I finally saw the Hydromet for LCRA shows the lake at 448. Pool is 450 so its still a few feet low. Water temp reports from LCRA states 75-78. I find that hard to believe but we hope the temp is in that range. Full moon this weekend so I hope to get in a lot of fishing. Good to hear from you Matt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
not sure about the water level. never been to bastrop but i really want to soon. Side note-anyone have any idea where the C and F pond is? i hear there are good uns' in there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts