Bass Fishing Forum banner

Any Guides That Can Accommodate A Wheelchair?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Fish4fun78664 
#1 ·
Back again on the forum after a long absence. Been lurking but lost my log on details and the ol' memory ain't what it used to be. Getting old ain't for sissies!

If you saw that KXAN spot last Friday on the free fishing day filmed on Decker Lake, my current fishing buddy and I got some camera time doubling up on some good size bass. Got into a bait ball frenzy and we scored some nice ones.

Now to my question:

Long time fishing buddy became wheel chair bound sometime ago and misses fishing. We used to fish Buchanan a lot and he would like to experience it again. It's at the top of his bucket list to do some Striper and crappie fishing again, but my Bass Tracker won't do the job.

He's in an electric wheel chair so we're talking some weight/deck loading. Pontoon boat would be minimum requirements, and he can use a manual wheel chair if necessary.

Can anyone recommend a guide who can accommodate him? Big Chief Resort comes to mind as a possible load point, but open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help, and good to be back.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.