Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: ANOTHER possible SAL at LA

4E5C5C5456390 said:
Just like I said in my Hilarious post, there are enough boats out there that I would not be suprised to see more than just one today.
We are headed out shortly haha. Thinking I will throw the biggest jig I have with a Mad Paca as a trailer haha.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

4D4C59535359200 said:
I stopped by at the weigh in, she was 12lbs 6oz, sooo close. Caught by Rodney, nice fish and a real nice guy.
Damn close, still an amazing fish. Curious as to how many people will be out there when we hit the water.

·
Registered
105 Posts

A lot of people out there this morning. I think rcbc had a club tourney today. TPWD showed up right when I pulled up to the ramp. Good looking fish but didn't quite make it. Guy looked really bummed out, as would most anyone. Great fish, Congrats to whoever it was on the catch!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am the one about this fish today. She went 12.6 lbs on certified TPWD scales. The truck came up from San Marcos. A little embarrassed in calling and troubling TPWD. TPWD was very polite and said I did the right thing. My scale showed 12lbs15oz to 13lbs3oz. with my hands shaking an hour later. Other hand scales showed 12.71 lbs and 12.6lbs. I called AustinBassMan and he said don't take any chances - call TPWD so I did. It has has 5.5 hours since I caught her, still shaking and still in shock. GOD definitely has blessed me today! I caught her in 10-12 FOW on Texas Rig F8 Tornado Blue Fleck. Many thanks to the people who saw me catch her and those at the landing giving me congratulations.

I will post a picture as soon as I can ....

Peace to all. I wish everyone the chance to what I have been truly blessed with today. Off to clean up and head to 5pm Mass.

·
Registered
435 Posts

242635342829470 said:
Guy looked really bummed out, as would most anyone.
The guy that caught SAL #499 is a friend.  He was disappointed he didn't get #500, but not by much.  Catching a 12 pounder is a fish of a lifetime, congratulations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.