Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad and I got in 'em good today. Started off a little slow trying to stay out of the wind. Ended up following the wind to the back of a pocket just up lake from Pt. Venture. Fish had the shad pinned against the bank and were wearing them out! Dad caught decent keepers on his first 6 casts after we got to 'em. Ended up with 25 or 30 fish , mostly on flat sided LuckyCraft cranks in their version of Sexy shad,with more than half of them decent keepers. Nothing picture worthy today, but it was absolutely a blast watching him catch fish while I held the boat in position in the wind. ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good for you! My dad was a tournament fisherman when I was very young, and quit doing it so he could take me all the time. He put it in my blood, and it's never left. He's 67, and I can see his skills fading a little, so it makes it that much better when I can put him on some fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.