Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Dad out to Amistad for fathers day weekend. Had a great time, but sure wish the wind would have cut us some slack.

Fished around MM 18-25 on Friday afternoon, and ended up with approx 35-40 fish in 4 1/23 hours. No lunkers, but had one over 4 and a handful of solid 3 lbers. Most fish caught on firetiger crankbaits and dropshot.

Fished Saturday morning and it was a tough bite. Found a couple spots to hide from the wind (which was virgin water to me) and found a few brand new spots back in Little Zorro. Went in for lunch with 15 fish caught. Had a fish that was 6-6.5 come off right at the boat on a drop shot. Hard to land those bigger fish on 8 lb line and tiny hooks. Fish didn't even know he was hooked till he got right to the boat, then he took off like a bulet under the boat and came unbuckled.

Decided to launch at the Pecos Sat afternoon, and that was awesome. I hadnever been to that part of the lake, but if you have not been there--go out there next time. Really a special treat, looks like Lake Mead with its 100-200 ft cliffs and the bridge is something else.

We headed down the Rio Grande after sight seeing the Pecos for some fishing. Absolutley smoked em, caught 20-25 fish in less than 2 hours. All on a Nichols Neon Gold spinnerbait in 1/2 ounce size.

Great time, and I always am Jonesing to get my butt back out there. Love Amistad, best lake in texas if you ask me.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
What a great way to spend Fathers Day. Thanks for your report.

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Sounds like a great trip, will you talk to my boys for me?  ;D ;D ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.