Bass Fishing Forum banner

Amistad (4/8 & 9/17)

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BulletMan99 
#1 ·
Ever heard anyone say Amistad SUCKS??? Well it does, although not as bad as it did last summer it still sucked. My club has a separate tourney for both Saturday and Sunday. The wind blew steady out of the SSE both days. Saturday not a cloud in the sky, Sunday cloudy all day. Saturday it took just over 7 lbs for 1st and 2nd places. Sunday the same guy who won Saturday won again with just over 9 lbs, his back seater again had another 7 lb limit. These guys are brothers fishing from the same boat and who also pre-fished on Friday until dark. I had 3 fish on Saturday for just over 5lbs and blanked on Sunday as did my back-seater. Saturday I caught at least 20 small fish and all but one came on a shakeyhead Trick Worm, the other on a squarebill. I heard that fish (Mostly small) were caught on a little of everything in the boat. One guy even caught a big stripper on a brush hawg and another on an A-Rig. Overall the fish bit fairly well but there were no size to anything. We flipped and pitched pretty much all day both days because everything we caught were up near the bushes. The spawn is definitely over, we fished shallow both days and did not see any beds at all.

I had heard that an Austin Club was there this weekend (hadn't heard anything). There was also an Oilmans Tourney Friday and Saturday out of Diablo (over 200 boats) Hadn't heard the winning weight yet on that one either.

See less See more
#7 ·
With those weights its obvious that you guys from Capitol know the lake better than other clubs! Amistad being a deep clear lake intimidates many as well as myself. There are so many good places that should hold fish that don't you could fish it everyday for a month and still not get on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.