Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake level 2.50 low. Water clear. Surface temp. 60.2 degrees. Skies initially cloudy, then moved to bluebird due to cold front passage. Winds 45-60 mph northwest. Black bass very good to 7.68 lbs...... Ended up with 20.84 lbs. for 5 while participating in the BassChamps south region tournament. Ended up in 12th place. 19 fish in all by 10:00 a.m., which is when the clouds moved off and so did the fish. Culled 7 times. Secondary points are quickly loading up with prespawn fish and the time is just about right for them to move to beds if these fronts would stop coming and shutting things down. Main baits were a 3/4 oz. hotlips crankbait, a custom painted bluegill DD22 crankbait and a 5 inch River Slung swimbait in the Gulf Killifish color. Waves in the lake were 5 ft. or better with at times 7-9 ft. swells. Very dangerous conditions. Kept the 101 MinnKota on the "80" setting all day. Despite this, it still took 26# and change to win. The swimbait bite is back ! Regards !

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fella's. Was a bad day for sure. Glad ya like the reports. Only way to get better info is for you to be in the boat with me. My reports are verbatum how I caught em' !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.