Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from lake pickwick , Great tournament. The topwater bite was on in the morning with popper's, Zara spooks , ribbit frogs thru the grass, and buzz baits. Also in the early morning before 930 the spinnerbait bite was on with a white and red 1 oz spinnerbait. Later  in the day the drop shot bite with a finesse red bug worm by zoom picked up about 10:00 and lasted all day. as well the jigging spoon (slab) bite was real good. From what i heard the tournament was by a lake fork flutter spoon , i threw my nichols flutter spoon but never got on quality fish with it.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Having fished the ABA national at Kentucky and Wheeler I can guess you were pretty tired. 6 days of fishing can really wear on you, I know I was drained afterward and the long drive back to Colorado was brutal. You didn't say how many lbs you weighed and what place you finished. I have a soft spot for the ABA, it's where I started and made some friends that I still talk to and in a time of need will give me intel on a lake I have to fish. Fill me in did you get any of the big smallies in Pickwick?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.