Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at a 2001 Triton 186 18 ft boat w/ 2008 Mercury 150 EFI. Seems like its gonna be a good deal. Wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with Triton boats over the years. Not many for sale around here. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My advise, take it to boat mechanic have them check the motor and boat. Also have them check the trailer. Take it to the lake and run it make sure all the pumps run. Get under the boat and look at the bottom. Might cost you a bill or two but it will be well worth it in the long run. If they don't want you to have a mechanic look at it RUN. John

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice. Yes...I was planning on doing just that. After looking at the boat it isn't such a good deal as I first thought. pretty tore up. Not as it was advertised.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Gary Pender over at tracker marine ( bass pro shops in georgetown) has typically offered a free buyers checkout.

He has been swamped here lately so might give him a call before hauling it over there.

·
Administrator
3,640 Posts
TR-186 is a good float, I've been in a few of them, with an 18 1/2 boat you can get beat up on the lake if it is real windy but the Triton's aren't bad. If all checks out that boat should do anywhere from 58 to 62 depending on prop and pitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts