Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CORE Health Foundation is raising funds to build an ADA Wheelchair Accessible Fishing Pier on Lady Bird Lake. We received approval from the Austin City Council in November 2010 and are excited to move forward with this important project. Please visit our website for more information.

The Fishing Pier - CORE Foundation

We are a new disability advocacy non-profit in Austin and appreciate any support you can provide to help us network with the fishing community and helping us to identify potential people/corporations that may be interested in getting involved.

Thank you for your support!

Nicole
[email protected]

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Great concept. Anything to increase accessibility for fishing and enjoying the lake in general seems like a good idea. Agree that $400,000 seems steep for a pier, but if it is well built and extends well into the lake with a cover and lights, etc., then I could see how it might add up. Looks like it has a ~80ft T-head design that should allow >100 fishermen on at a time. Architect fees may be substantial too. Will this pier be open to the public (I assume), or to the disabled only?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
LOL....Block those rowers

After two almost being rammed while sitting still experiences, I'm sure in favor of at least getting those yahoos to pay attention to where they are going.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
I'm debating mounting a paintball gun to my yak to keep rowers at bay

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
direct quote from article,

The Texas Education Agency reports over $500,000 children have special needs

are they kids or are they money???? :D

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
direct quote from article,

The Texas Education Agency reports over $500,000 children have special needs

are they kids or are they money???? :D
Yep, saw that typo too. Very unfortunate typo. Seems that money was on their mind when typing. Would venture a guess that that refers to 500,000 kids. If a fraction could benefit from such a pier, then it'd be worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts