Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't really see a place to ask questions so if this should be moved by all means do it.

Trying to learn active target and the videos I'm seeing on line show the active target screen with the boat in the upper right corner, but on mine it is on the upper left
Gadget Audio equipment Vehicle Technology Auto part

. I've seen it in multiple videos from different posters. I don't suppose it matters much, but I am curious why. Some setting? I have HDS12 not 9?

Gadget Font Audio equipment Technology Gas

Follow up, when I had spot lock on today the white part showing the direction the active target was looking did not match the direction the trolling motor head was facing. Is that normal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unless you have a point 1 Antenna on the boat and it’s on the network it’s just the units best guess. If you have it on a separate post from troller it will never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unless you have a point 1 Antenna on the boat and it’s on the network it’s just the units best guess. If you have it on a separate post from troller it will never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i'll be completely honest - i understood very little of that, but the HDS live units are networked and the active target is on the troller. I appreciate the information, though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So here it is in a nut shell. When your Active Target Transducer is mounted on the trolling motor the little symbol on the display will not be 100% correct as to where it is pointed. You have to look at the direction arrow on the trolling motor. Without a "Point 1" or similar compass hooked up the display uses "course over ground" information from the display GPS . that info is never accurate unless the boat is moving at a "pre- determined speed".
As far as your pointer being in the upper left...that is an indication that you have the latest upgrade installed. Should be 22.1 (Software and Manuals Downloads | Lowrance USA)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So here it is in a nut shell. When your Active Target Transducer is mounted on the trolling motor the little symbol on the display will not be 100% correct as to where it is pointed. You have to look at the direction arrow on the trolling motor. Without a "Point 1" or similar compass hooked up the display uses "course over ground" information from the display GPS . that info is never accurate unless the boat is moving at a "pre- determined speed".
As far as your pointer being in the upper left...that is an indication that you have the latest upgrade installed. Should be 22.1 (Software and Manuals Downloads | Lowrance USA)

Thanks Hankgun! (now if I ever get my boat back from the shop...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts