12:00 End Time – All boats must be back inside the no wake buoys by 12:00PM

Cost: $40.00 dollars per boat

Pay Outs:

1-5 boats pay 1 place 100% of pot
6-14 boats pay 2 places 60%, 40% of pot
15+ boats pay 3 places 50%, 30%, 20% of pot

**No Big Bass Side Pot**

Rules:

All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner, no trolling with the combustion motor

Each boat is subject to a livewell check prior to take off

Once the tournament has started there will be NO refunds for inclement weather. If a team deems the conditions unsafe they do so with the knowledge of no refunds after payment

Each team must register in person with cash only

Teams will weigh in their best 5 Fish (Largemouth, smallmouth, spotted or guad's) minimum is 14 inch length across all species

Dead fish will not be weighted in

Fish care is of extreme importance, please learn how to properly care for your fish, including being able to FIZZ a fish if needed. Our goal is to not have any floaters if we can avoid it

Each team must be back inside the no wake buoys by 12:00PM. Failure to do so will result in a DQ if observed by a tournament director.

If a team has boat problems, another team may volunteer to go get their fish and put them in a separate livewell on the working boat provided the working boat is back in time. One member of the team who had boat problems must be present as the weigh in

Safe boating must be observed at all times, life jack and kill switch are mandatory while boat is on plane

Weigh in will be conducted using a hand held scale and ABF owned weigh bag or a stationary scale. Teams are responsible for having their own weigh in bag to bring fish to the scales with.

Tournament Director has the final say, no appeals will be accepted

At the request of members of ABF, the ABF Saturday Morning Tournament Series gets underway with the first event on Lake Travis. The goal of these events are to offer a relaxed, half day tournament with the focus on having a good time, sharing stories and swapping the bull after the event is over. These are great ways to “put a face with a name” and get to know the great folks that make up ABF. Our intention is to have these at least twice a month as long as boat traffic and interest allow it. We may only have one in the month of January due to the busy tournament schedule towards the end of the month on area lakes.

It's anybody's game out there, Central Texas should be just slowly climbing out of record low temperatures and the bass that make their home on Lake Travis are expected to be on the winter patterns and haunts. Most anglers at this time are still fishing deep, exploring the ledges and cliffs with jigs, Texas and Carolina rigged plastics and deep cranks. However more than one big fish gets taken by surprise, maybe warming her belly on a sun bleached rocky bank shallow. The spinner bait won't be too far down in the rod box for most guys. You never know this time of year, sometimes a bucket full of squeakers gets you in the money and sometimes it takes well over the double digit mark.

Nobody knows what Saturday holds, come out and fill in the blanks and kick off what promises to be a great season and a new option for Central Texas anglers.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Re: ABF Saturday Morning Series - Lake Travis 1-15-2011

I  will be there...See ya there!

Should be calm water!

[highlight]NOAA forecast:[/highlight]

Friday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 44. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

Saturday: Showers. Patchy fog before 10am. High near 52. North northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Saturday Night: Showers likely. Patchy fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 46. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday: Showers likely, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Patchy fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 58. North northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Jim Spencer is calling for 32 degrees fri. night. High of 59 Sat.
What if we did a mid day tourney? I know it's un-heard of, but might be a bit warmer and get everyone off their bite a little. kind of, let's see what you can do event? "how good are you?"

·
Registered
583 Posts

turbobassman (my grandpa). Should be fun since this is his 1st tourney also ;D I'll see you guys sat morning!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

Above all, have fun. This should be an extremely enjoyable experience for everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

Yes, (Academy) they run roughly 12 bucks to 20 bucks.

If you don't have one I'm sure we will be able to spread a few around as people weigh in.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Yep there should be another bag there for you to use.

Goal of these T's is to have fun and try to get the fish to cooperate enough to win a little money. You will see guys like you whom this is their first event all the way to a few more seasoned guys.

·
Registered
583 Posts

It should be a good one. Heh heh I'm a senior member, and I'm 14 ;D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Well I got the tire fixed on the trailer, Jim is looking over my baby and guess what that means Randy and I will be there to play along with everyone. Fishingking yes academy does sell weight in bags I need to pick one up for my self and culling balls for all the fish we plan on catching ;D ;D. I just hope my damn Tuffskinz comes in before the tourny.

·
Registered
91 Posts

I'd love to participate, but I'm boatless. Any open backseats out there?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts