Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We had 23 teams fish tonight.

Jeremiah and Gary brought in a nice 5.53 lb fish to take Big Bass and first place with a 13+ lb sack.  Paul and Duke had a rough night and took second with 11.25 lbs :p while Mike and Allison went home with the third place money.  Kevin and Robert finished fourth for the $25.00 Geneva gift card.

Good times as always and thanks to all that showed up!

· Registered
66 Posts
Really enjoyed fishing with all of you last night. First ABF T I've been able to make this year and the first time I've been out on Travis since BassChamps in early February. It was a little hard finding fish at first since every spot I've ever fished on the lake was 20 feet out of the water. Managed to find five keepers in the end that just happened to be big enough for third place money. Hope to make another one soon.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Thanks to everyone who came out. Funny how we were complaining about the heavy winds on Wed night recently. I am not sure, but when we got to our first spot, I was missing those winds!! Pretty steamy.

Wayne and Booker were not there with their 300 HP's so it was nice to be the first one around the turn at U-float em for once ;D

Fob put a quick 4 in the boat, I am not sure what my problem was. #5 was proving to be a little harder, but we made a move and culled twice. As always, needed to cull one last fish to ease into the cash.

With only 3.5 hrs, you have to catch what you can and call it good.

Looking forward to LA next week. Much cooler temps on that lake for sure.

EA

· Registered
179 Posts
Enjoyed fishing my first ABF tournament in a long time...thanks for a great job running it and congrats to the winners...see you out next time...lake is dropping so low don't think I'll be able to put in at Cypress very much longer...already a pain in the &*&(&(&*& to get off the ramp.

We stayed out till 3AM afterwards for some nice magnum white bass fishing....Swimmy put us on some good ones...was a blast...have never seen white bass act like this...swimming upside down with their bellies out of the water, going crazy busting shad..some were jumping out of the water...at times we would think one of us hooked the fish that was jumping...but that wasn't the case...they looked like white bass on steroids.
;-)

· Registered
541 Posts
Good time last night for sure guys. Definately could have used those 20-25 mph hour winds! I don't know why everyone complains about them, seems to be the only time I can get on fish... Good 'ol Travis was shinning last night for us (dink Masters!) :p Fun none the less...

· Registered
724 Posts
Congrats to the winners! I should make the next one. Keep up the good work ABF staff.

Hey Robert Brown, a friend of mine put me on the magnum whites a couple of weeks ago. We noticed the same weird behavior. Some of them would stay upside down for 10 or 15'. Strange for sure.  :eek:

· Registered
541 Posts
19,000 Acre Lake and who throws our mojo off at 60+ mph? TDUB! HAHA- I love the camaraderie with the weekly T'S! ;D Thanks guys for another fun night on the water!

TDub, you can fish my fish-less water ANYTIME! HAHA Next time, I'm following you! 8)

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and conRe: ABF Lake Travis 7/9 Tournament Results

Mike, glad yo made it out man and congrats to you and Allison for taking third. Hopefully you can make it next week on Austin, heard the shakyhead/10" worm/8 lb fluoro bite has been hot lately!

Also gotta thank Dub for taking Matt out so I could get my twenty back :p That thing is burning a hole in my pocket, gotta go spend it...any ideas Matt?

· Banned
5,438 Posts
That was funny...that is about the only place I can get a good troll in...2 planing boards, 2 downriggers, 8lb trolling weights and my outriggers. Just working on my leach presentation.

That reminds me, I have a 24V MinnKota Lift Assist 80lb thrust for sale - never used!

· Registered
541 Posts
Nice T-! Man, resale's going to be killer on your boat, eh! With all the hours on the outboard? Wheww. :D

With the leaches, I order them from a guy in the Amazon and fish them on a weighted hook, 7 per line. It's tough... And didn't get my latest shipment and is why we didn't win last night ;) I was trying to fish one at a time ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.