Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We had 14 teams show up tonight.

Conditions were tough but Brent and Chad brought in a solid limit weighing 11.66 lbs for first place. Mike and Allison finished in the money for the second week in a row with four fish going 8.18 lbs for second (word has it they lost their fifth fish, and a GOOD one at that, at the very last minute). Kevin and Robert took home Big Bass and the Geneva Tackle gift card for their third place finish.

Matt and Joe had a nice fish expire on them which costed them second place and Big Bass, sorry for the bad luck guys.

Congrats to those in the money and thanks to all that showed...see ya on Austin next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congratulations to the winners. It is always fun fishing with you guys/gals even if our luck wasn't very good. I wish the tournament director would schedule one tournament without WIND. ;D See you on LA next week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats to the winners...definitely a windy day...I do love catching topwater fish in 100ft of water though. ;-)

Thanks for hosting the tourneys on Travis. Hopefully the ABF tourneys will start on Travis again soon once the lake levels get back to normal...I heard this was the last one until then...guess I need to learn how to fish Austin without hydrilla...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats to the winners.

All we needed was a damn needle!!! The fish were to deep to make it to the weigh in.

Great seeing everyone, thanks again to Joe for the ride. For what its worth, Joe knows his "stuff", and it has been confirmed that I am still a newbie. I hade a great time and will go get a needle for next time.

Andy, I want my 20 back! Game on next time.

Looking forward to LA.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Got to give credit where credit is due. It was tough night with lots of dinks but the intern came through and carried me to the finish. Fun times! Now I get to look forward to donating it all back the rest of the summer on Austin.

Andy I smell a conspiracy! :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, great time Matt, other than me not being prepared for deep water fish----------needle!!!!!!! :( :mad:
Sorry again for my brain fart not having the proper "tool" to keep the fish alive :-[
See ya on LA soon!!!!!!

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Took a couple of pics from the iPhone. It was looking rather ugly at the time.

This is Andy trying not to pull a " Booker " with all the cash. ;D

This was also a 5 min before a idiot is a $250,000 brand new boat crashed into mine !!

He either just got this beauty, or borrowed it from somebody. Anyway, he was coming into the dock, and when it was clear he was not going to make it but crash into my boat, he screams " Catch me !! "

I gave it all I had but was unable to stop a 32' boat in high wind. The underside of his bow met my Motor Guide Aluminum Machete prop ;D ;D

He did not even say sorry, just started screaming about how big of gouge my prop just put in the boat. I must say, a 1 minute ago Flawless paint job!! ;D

Anyway, thought all was well, but turns out a trip to Jackies will be required. :-[

EA

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Dude that sucks- freakin' noobs I swear ::).

The water was rough and exciting- always love running through the mess in a 21' Ranger, though Robert was hating the abuse :p.

It's during those moments where the cost of a Ranger is simply "justified" 8).

We made about a 9 mile or so run to fish topwaters in 65-100'. Prudced a handful of fish with 2 keeps.

Then headed south to play in the wind with some rigs that seemed to be kinda tough as we missed multiple opportunites to hook up (prolly spotties :D).

kp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.