Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We had 23 teams fish tonight, weather was perfect and there were some great sacks brought in!

Duke and Tom brought in a 6.41 lb toad for Big Bass.

Congrats to Shane and Judy for taking first with a whopping 16.23 lb sack!  I have a feeling Shane is gonna get to fish a lot more often!  Word has it Judy bagged 3 of their keepers and lost another good fish.  Good meeting you both and hope to see you out again.

Rounding out second and third were Bryan/Mike and Dan/Kyle with a couple of 12+ lb sacks, congrats guys for finishing in the money with two more solid sacks.

Swimbait's dad took home the Geneva/Kinami/Grande Bass/ABF tackle pack for the fourth place finish.

Honorable mention goes out to Booker for his 11.46 lb solo sack...I think Robby owes him 30 Stones for his no show this evening.

Also, for anyone fishing please read over the rules and times.  Times will vary slightly depending on the lake and they are clearly posted in the tournament ad.  We try to keep things simple but do have a few important rules, one of which being all fish must be a minimum of 14" and we do not weigh dead fish.

Thanks again to everyone that came out and fished, hope everyone had a good time.

See ya next week on Austin.

Gary weighing in..

Duke and Jason Hanging out.

Miles hanging with Rich, Regan, and crew

Booker telling fish stories..

Duke and Travis talking with Doyne Bailey from Allure rods.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Couldn't ask for a more calm night.  Thanks to Andy and Larry for hosting another fun Lake Travis Wednesday nighter.  

I had the pleasure of fishing with Gary Freeman, a close friend and supporter of ABF who used to run the Satuday Morning HHJs with EA.  It's been a long while since he's been out to an ABF event and I'd just like to say welcome back and hope to fish with you again sometime...

As for the fishing.  We caught our meager limit of small keepers on finesse plastics on bluff walls.  Unlike others the action for us was slow and sporadic.    

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
I fished with Doyne Bailey of Allure Rods last night and had a good time. We had a tough time getting a bite. Took us over an hour before we caught our first dink. I guess we just weren't in the right place, cause we tried everything. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Had a great time last night. Feels good to finally be in the money. Funny thing is Dan and I only had 3 fish with about 30 mins left and we went and hit our spot that we like right at dark. I caught the 4 and he caught a swimmer to finish our limit. Sad thing is we thought the tourny ended at 9 (my fault for not seeing the time change on the post) so we left 30 mins early. No guarantee we would have culled the swimmer but I would have loved to have that last 30 mins on our spot since we knew it was holding fish. Oh well that will teach me to pay better attention next time.

-Kiel

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kiel,

We have always run the Travis Ts from 6-9:30, they have never ended at 9. Two weeks ago it may have appeared the T ended at 9 but I think everyone came in early due to the storms. Congrats again for taking home some cash...next time I'll be sure to spell your name correctly.

Gotta love Patereau still smiling last night after he shattered his new Kistler. I'm sure it will be replaced under warranty but let me know if I can do anything to help.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That is no stance.....I'm expecting in October. Good grief that gut is getting out of control. I think the silver container and many just like that one are mostly to blame. :mad:

Congrats to Shane and Judy....watched them shake off "little" 2.5s all afternoon! It was an incredible thing to watch. They were wackin' em. Very nice folks also. Shane just got back from Iraq.....thanks Shane for your service to our country!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.