• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barton Springs Fishing (Not The Pool)

As many of you may or may not know, Barton Springs has lunkers, I mean a lot of lunkers. I spent several weekends throwing everything I had and nothing, I mean nothing.
Clear water fishing is to say the least challenging. However, I think I may have a few tips for anyone wanting to catch one of these giants.
  • Soft Bait-Use the most natural color (dark/green),(avoid bright and or anything with flakes)
Since the bass have there sight in these clear waters, they'll use it. Throwing something in the water that clearly doesn't look natural will leave you hanging high and dry.
  • Avoid Weights-if at all possible use as little tackle as possible.
  • (Hard Bait)- Again stick to natural colors, and retrieve your line quickly. The bass will only be able to get a quick glance, then the chase is on. Do not stop your retrieve, stay consistent when your reeling in.
  • Use Light Line-This is debatable to most fisherman, but I've found that 8 pound clear flora carbon works best in these waters.
  • Get There Early-The earlier, the better, fishing gets pretty difficult after 9:00AM. You'l be competing against the canoes at this point.
  • DEAD STICK YOUR SOFT PLASTICS
  • USE A FAST RETRIEVE ON YOUR HARD BAITS
CONCLUSION

Once your there, take some time to spot fish. If you can see 1 or 2, chances are, thats their turf. Stick to one spot, Just because your not getting any bites, doesn't mean that their not there. Be patient, and use some of your experience in combination with mine. There is never a one-all-be-all solution when it comes to Bass fishing. Just little tidbits of advice to help get you there.

Good Luck and Maybe I'll see you on the banks!

Sincerely,

Evolution
Practice CPR (Catch, Picture, Release)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've literally hid behind trees and casted into the water and pulled a few fish in! I think I might camo up one of these days with face paint and all and see if that helps too!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I see the bots have found us!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So im still pretty new to austin, and i'm not to sure as to where to go to fish Barton Springs. I know where the pool is and wondered around a tad but still have no clue.
Thanks for any help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts