Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where the heck was the sunny and 75 degree weather that all the weathermen promised!!?  Anyway made it out to Decker and was on the water by 8.  Checked out the intake where I've seen some fish schooling recently and got one dink in just a few minutes but no schooling fish.  Went over to the discharge side and took cover from the wind in one of the little coves and that's basically where I spent the morning.  Saw a couple boats at the discharge and saw one guy catch a tiny white bass.  They were there for a while so I assume they were doing ok.  

Now back to my day.  Water temps were 69-71 and all fish were caught on shallow cranks in about 8-10 feet of water max.  After the dink the next fish was a solid 2-3 pounder.  About 2 or three casts later an even better five pounder .  At least that's what my dinky $2 scale said (i should really get a better one).  Fish was just over 20 inches.  Caught three more in the 1.5-2 lb range a couple big sunfish and a nice cat (about 20 inches too) that exploded out of the water a few times.  The cat was definitely the hardest fighter for the day and he probably wasn't even 5 pounds.  All in all a good day on the water.  Still wondering bout that warmer weather.  Not complaining, the overcast conditions were ideal.  Here's a few pics of the 5lber and the cat.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Nice day. Thanks for the report. I love the cooler weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.