Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the boat out a couple of weeks ago and everything was acting fine until heading back in to dock. Then it was acting as if I had started run it out of gas, entirely possible that the gauge isn't accurate. It did make it back at roughly 3/4 throttle. Went out again this past weekend and everything started ok idled out to the end of the no wake zone and hit the throttle. That's when it sputtered a bit and fell on its face and couldn't even get it to plane. Runs good at 1/4 throttle but anything more than that is a waste of effort it will not go. It seems like a fuel delivery problem but I am not sure. At the end of the day I will just take it someplace to get checked out. Just checking to see if anyone had an idea of what might be going on and a recommended shop

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is your motor on a jack plate. I had a similar problem and discovered my jack plate had slid down which in turn caused cavatation when trimming up to plane out. I have also seen similar problems with bad fuel and of course injector/carb problems.

·
Registered
760 Posts
It could be a lot of things. But I would start with the obvious and check the fuel lines. Squeeze your fuel bulb until its hard. Wait 10 minutes and see if it is still hard. If not, then you have a leak in the fuel lines somewhere. I could be the bulb, fuel filter, the connection at the engine, etc.

As far as where to take it for repair, I highly recommend Tracker Marine. They are honest and have bailed me out a couple times already. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I bought it they had replaced the bulb with an inline electric pump that is used just for priming, but it sounds like it would make sense to put a bulb in it. I have been debating about doing that anyway. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Do you know if the guys from Tracker Marine are now at the BPS? I have read several peoples praise about that group but I wanted to see if its the same people just a different location.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I believe Tracker Marine is at BPS now. But I would make a phone call first. I haven't had time to get over there and check them out yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It could be a lot of things. But I would start with the obvious and check the fuel lines. Squeeze your fuel bulb until its hard. Wait 10 minutes and see if it is still hard. If not, then you have a leak in the fuel lines somewhere. I could be the bulb, fuel filter, the connection at the engine, etc.

As far as where to take it for repair, I highly recommend Tracker Marine. They are honest and have bailed me out a couple times already. You won't be sorry.
I did a little looking around today for some leaks, I did find a little one after i put a primer bulb in the line instead to that little fuel pump. I also found where the fuel line attaches to the fuel pump the zip tie that was used as a hose clamp was missing. put a little clamp on it. Primed it up and it seems to hold for the 10 minutes. Maybe bleeds off a minute bit. I'm headed to the lake this afternoon hopefully that is all it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts