Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well buddies and i fished LT last night. Missed the rain thankfully. Caught several LMB and Whites. Biggest of the night was about 2.5. Did i get my butt schooled on whites. Caught mostly on watermelon red senkos in 4inch and wacky wormed finesse zoom worms in i think 5 inch. Fished from about 6:30 pm to about 2 in the morning. Caught most of everything around the lights of docks.
Thinking about hitting belton but dont know it, never fished it. Can anyone tell me what is working well out there lately. Colors of plastics, crankbaits, etc... are they deep, shallow, coves, points. Anything helps. Thanks a lot for any info in advance. I looked at TPWD but nothing is like getting information from fellow anglers. Have a great day and happy labor day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
TXlineman
I fish Belton quite a bit, for me, I like to use red or crawfish colored crankbaits. For plastic, trickworms in junebug, watermelon seed, or watermelon red, centipede same colors, and lizards, in the same colors plus one additional color cotton candy. Fish will be mostly small and called Belton Bullets. LOL But that doesn't mean that big bass aren't there, just not as often as other area lakes. I would start shallow right now and work out deeper. Find any wood or large obstructions and go from there. Good luck Skeeterdale

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fish mostly up the river where the water is pretty stained, so crankbaits with some chartruse or orange are usually good. For worms or other plastics I like blue-fleck or motor oil. Right now I would fish points with wind blowing on them and the mouths of creeks and coves. The Rogers park area has been hot lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.