Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the lake after work. My wife and I fished for about 1 1/2 hours. Caught 4 fish and right before we decided to leave, I stuck this pig. She weighed 8.23lbs on my scale. Didn't have a camera with us, only a cell phone to take pics. I thought she was bigger when I set the hook, she was mean and all spawned out.  Miles

I was asked by a few guys to blur out the backround.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She absolutely crushed the bait. When I first saw her come up I thought she might go 10lb. She was way stronger than the 12lb 14oz fish I stuck a few weeks ago. She already spawned and was ready to get her eat on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very fine fish and congrats. Got a 5.5 lb hen hawg Friday 4/4. She was full of eggs and promptly sent off to lay them. Same day our boat got another 29 including a 3 pound black and many Guadeloupe. The bite we think was triggered by the front setting in later that night. We were using white, white-chatreuse yama-senkos. Sunday fun, but not as productive, same plastics. The rest of the month should be special.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
This is as good a place as any to post my Travis report from yesterday, 4/6. Actually fished LA on Sat for a small club T and that went nowhere for me, but this is a Travis report so I'm gonna stick to the good stuff. ;D

Decided to take the 'yak out to a park and got there around 1:30-2 when the sun was good and high. Had my sunscreen with me tho. Ok, so first thing I noticed was that the wind was blowing directly against me. Couldn't have asked for better conditions, I guess. Didn't even bother to launch the yak. Started working the shoreline on foot and my first fish was solid. Close to 4 1/2 I'd think. I stuck to one bait the whole time (plastics) and in the first hour I had 4 fish, all keepers, for around 11 lbs. I also missed/lost about 4 more. That first hour was awesome. I'm starting to love this line I'm using, Seaguar CarbonPro. Ended up catching one more before giving up around 5. The wind simply didn't blow as hard as it did after that first hour. Can't always get everything we want.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.