Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Austin Bass Club held thier night tourney on Lake Travis from Sat at 9pm to 8am.

Needless to say it was tough with only one Team with a limit of 10 fish.  Was damn happy with this kicker that helped us take 1st with 7 fish for a little over 15lbs.

Pattern was to drag a T rig, black or blue fleck 7inch worm extremely slow in 10-15 ft of water, close to a ledge. If you lifted it off the bottom;  you had too much action.

Big fish came at 6:20 am just as it was getting light and morning feed beginning to start.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
VERY nice man, LT has been brutal...good to see there is still a few toads lurking in there!

A fish like that taking the pot, there isn't much more gratifying in tourney fishing, good to hear and congrats.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Ok, I was having this conversation with someone the other day. There seems to be some color of soft plastic that everyone here in TX refers to as "blue fleck." Come on guys, there are a million colors of plastic that have blue flakes in them. What color are we talking about here? The theory we came up with is that the color everyone refers to as "blue fleck" is in fact Junebug. Is this the case or are we way off?

And on another note...freaking awesome fish man! Especially for Travis right now. Can't beat that! Good work...

Now if someone could expound on this "blue fleck" thing... :D

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
6443455E54435B4E755E4D59424444370 said:
Ok, I was having this conversation with someone the other day.  There seems to be some color of soft plastic that everyone here in TX refers to as "blue fleck."  Come on guys, there are a million colors of plastic that have blue flakes in them.  What color are we talking about here?  The theory we came up with is that the color everyone refers to as "blue fleck" is in fact Junebug.  Is this the case or are we way off?

And on another note...freaking awesome fish man!  Especially for Travis right now.  Can't beat that!  Good work...

Now if someone could expound on this "blue fleck" thing...  :D
Ander, when we fish Buch remind me and I will show you the mysterious blue fleck worm

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Arai - thanks for the "Blue Fleck" Pic. that's exactly the color I had.

Strictly Business - I know what you mean!!!  ;D  

I know LT has been tough for everyone, so I thought I would share what worked for me.

If its worth anything more, I have been hearing some who have been successful at 25-35 ft dragging a rig slowly to pull fish. Otherwise its beat the bank and cull thru the 13-14 inch Guads until you find (or squeeze  ;D) a keeper.

·
Registered
183 Posts
"blue fleck" is an actual color put out by zoom plastics. the only place i've found them besides online is at fish finders in round rock. i prefer the brush hogs in that exact color. i've had good results with them on travis.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
6B746B680E093B0 said:
Ander, when we fish Buch remind me and I will show you the mysterious blue fleck worm
I will remember to ask, Gary. That pic that was posted does in fact look pretty close to Junebug, but it does look a bit different. I'd like to see it in person...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
WTG, Darrel great fish any time but as hot as it has been!! check berkley powerworms bluefleck. ;) ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.