Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and looking for some info on bank fishing with my son for white bass. Was wondering if it is possible to park under the 71 bridge and bank fish? It looks like there is a road off of the highway that you can take judging from the satellite image but just wanted to make sure before heading that way. Thanks in advance for any help or comments!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sam,
Welcome to the forum. I actually live very near there. I have not parked there and walked down to the river but I believe you can do it. I think the north side of the bridge is more accessible. I do know that the sand bass have not yet really started their run but it should be soon. If I see a father/son out there fishing I will be sure to say howdy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir! We tried but no takers. Lots of bait though. Saw some blowups around the bushes that seemed like white bass.... what is your bait of choice? We used roadrunner jigs...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Same here. We throw the Mepps spinners and the road runners along with some plastic grubs. We went down to the Pedernales again yesterday afternoon. Fewer blow ups and no takers. Also confirmed you can get down to the river from the bridge. There are a couple steep points but not unmanageable. You have to be on the Marble Falls side of the bridge and when facing the bridge, park and come down on the left side.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any update on reimers? Thinking of taking my son and father in law out there this afternoon...

·
Registered
506 Posts
We hit the 71 bridge again Sunday evening and nothing was happening - not even the occasional blow up. I don't have a lot to go on but it just feels like they haven't started their run yet or else the cold knocked them off so badly they are not going to have a full spawning run this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts